I received an email about H&F’s recently released series of bartending classes, and zeroed in on it as an idea for a father’s day gift. Professionals from Holeman & Finch Public House will lead the sessions, which include lunch and cocktail or wine samples. Here’s a list of upcoming classes:
- Bar Basics: Learn bartending basics during this three-hour class including the tools you’ll need plus classic cocktail recipes. Class offered on multiple dates. June 8, July 13, Aug. 10 or Sept. 14
- Tiki: Beach Classics from a Bygone Era: This class will teach you the history of Tiki drinks and provide you with recipes to make your own. June 22
- Intro to Wine Tasting: Learn about wine growing regions, varietals, tastings and food pairings. July 27
- Agave Spirits: Tequila and Beyond: Here you’ll learn to make classic and original recipes made with agave-based spirits like tequila and mezcal. Aug. 24
- Must-Have Whites & Reds: It’s back to wine with this class examining classic varietals, wine-growing regions and pairings. Sept. 28
All classes take place at Holeman & Finch Public House from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. on class date. Tickets cost $100 and can be purchased online.
–by Jenny Turknett, Food and More blog