Fulton County recently shut down a Grand Buffet restaurant after finding numerous repeat violations of food-borne illness risks.
The restaurant at 4365 Fulton Industrial Boulevard, Atlanta, scored a 41/U, its second failing health score this year.
Points were taken off for repeat violations of uncovered food and improper food temperatures.
Food throughout the facility was uncovered and subject to environmental contaminants, the inspector said. Also, boxes of ready-to-eat garlic toast in the freezer were torn open and the bread exposed.
At the cold bar service, seafood salad and crab salad were kept too warm, with temperatures around 55 degrees.
Employees were also making the same mistakes in hand-washing and other hygiene practices, the inspector noted. An employee handling a spatula contaminated by raw eggs switched to a clean spatula without washing hands. Another employee in the food prep area was not wearing a hair restraint.
The staff was still not following proper procedures for date-marking prepared foods, according to the report. Containers of left-overs were marked to be discarded in 29 days, instead of the 7-day limit.
In other violations, raw meats and vegetables at the hibachi grill were not kept separate to protect against cross contamination of bacteria.
Grand Buffet will remain closed until all violations are corrected and it passes a follow-up inspection with no food-borne illness risk factors, the inspector said. The restaurant scored a 48/U in April.
Here are other recent inspection scores from area restaurants.
- Barney’s Hot Dog Heaven, 400 Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw. 95/A
- Folks Southern Kitchen, 2031 Cobb Parkway, Marietta. 84/B
- House of Ming, 3101 Roswell Road, Marietta. 85/B
- La Bamba Mexican, 3150 N. Cobb Parkway, Kennesaw. 99/A
- Windy City Grill, 4017 Canton Road, Marietta. 94/A
- Azul Tequila Cantina, 100 Lexington Circle, Peachtree City. 96/A
- Formosa Deli, 608 Crosstown Road, Peachtree City. 96/A
- LongHorn Steakhouse, 1320 Highway 85, Fayetteville. 97/A
- Thai Spice, 238 City Circle, Peachtree City. 96/A
- Y-Knot Sports Bar, 216 Northlake Drive, Peachtree City. 84/B
- Blu Bay Seafood Restaurant, 5665 Atlanta Highway, Alpharetta. 87/B
- Branchwater, 5820 S. Vickery St., Cumming. 98/A
- Cheeky Taqueria, 410 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming. 91/A
- Osaka Steak & Sushi, 3630 Peachtree Parkway, Suwanee. 97/A
- Toscana, 4090 Johns Creek Parkway, Suwanee. 100/A
- China Wok, 3737 Main St., College Park. 97/A
- Landmark Diner, 3231 Camp Creek Parkway, East Point. 88/B
- Madras Chettinaad, 4305 State Bridge Road, Alpharetta. 92/A
- Pit Boss BBQ, 856 Virginia Ave., Hapeville. 85/B
- The Highlander, 931 Monroe Drive, Atlanta. 90/A
- Atami Steak & Sushi, 2538 Cedarcrest Road, Acworth. 86/B
- Briar Patch, 3807 Atlanta Highway, Hiram. 98/A
- City Café, 210 W. Memorial Dr., Dallas. 83/B
- John’s Biscuit & Pizza, 5886 Wendy Bagwell Parkway, Hiram. 92/A
- Olive Tree Restaurant, 37 Beatty St., Hiram. 96/A
– by Laura Berrios for the Food & More blog
(Commenting is closed on this post.)